Posted on December 1, 2023
Landmark news – we’ve raised $95 million for change
Most companies are in business to make money. We’re different. We’re in business to make change.
We do it by funding nonprofit groups working for progressive change through a unique—and uniquely effective—donations program.
Every time our customers use our service, they generate donations for nonprofit groups working for a better world. These donations cost our customers nothing extra. But they mean everything to the groups we fund. We’ve now raised over $95 million for nonprofits dedicated to causes like climate justice, a fair economy and equal rights for everyone.
That’s a lot of money. And it’s made a lot of change. In recent years alone, the nonprofits we support have won numerous victories for the progressive causes you care about.
- Amazon Watch pressed President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva to veto a right-wing attempt to restrain the rising strength of Indigenous peoples in Brazil. This is a critical win for Indigenous rights and for the Amazon rainforest.
- Social Security Works shared the truth about new House Speaker Mike Johnson. He’s an enemy of Social Security who wants to raise the retirement age, cut benefits and force women to have babies so the ultra-wealthy can continue avoiding their fair share of Social Security contributions.
- Stand.earth stopped or delayed 21 fossil fuel mega-projects, from bitumen pipelines to oil train terminals to natural-gas fracking. If we are to avoid climate catastrophe, it’s crucial that projects like these be halted now.
- March for Our Lives organized nationwide protests following the horrific mass shootings in Buffalo, NY, and Uvalde, TX, to demand that elected officials take action. Soon after the protests, bipartisan gun reform legislation was passed and signed into law by President Biden, the first major gun safety legislation by Congress in nearly 30 years.
- Equal Rights Advocates drove workplace-justice reforms in California to protect half a million domestic workers and garment factory workers from unsafe conditions and wage theft.
- The ACLU educated and energized voters to go to the polls in November and played a key role in winning election victories in Ohio, Kentucky and Virginia that bolster the right of women to make their own decisions about whether and when to have a child, without interference from judges and politicians.
- The Brennan Center for Justice developed bold solutions to ensure that every eligible American can cast a ballot and worked across the U.S. to defend democracy by making voting more free, fair and easy.
Our customers powered all these successes and many more just by using their phones. Yes, it really is that simple. And it’s enormously impactful, raising real money and driving real victories for progressive causes.
We make a difference—and that’s why we’re different. Our passion is not dollars, it’s change. And we operate a donations program robust and effective enough to make it happen.
If you’re a CREDO Mobile customer, thank you. It’s because of you that we’ve been able to reach $95 million in donations and give it to nonprofits working for the causes you believe in. That’s a good feeling. If you’d like to share it, tell your friends about us.
If you’re not a CREDO Mobile customer, please think about joining. It’s easy to do. You can bring the phone you have now. You can choose from a variety of affordable plans to suit you—same as the other carriers. And you can enjoy service on the nation’s top-rated network.
Climate crisis, hate, species vanishing, democracy under attack. Our world is full of challenges. But we’re working on them. We look forward to working with you.