Posted on August 12, 2022
Grounded in Love, Justice and Belonging – She the People Reimagines a World Led By and For Women of Color
Note from the CREDO team: This August, She the People is among three amazing groups that will receive a share of our monthly grant. Funding from the CREDO community this month will help She the People’s efforts to elevate women of color as a core voting bloc and leaders of a new progressive political and cultural era.
Read this important blog post from She the People’s Fariha Hussain, Major Gifts and Donor Relations Director, then click here to visit CREDODonations.com to cast your vote to help determine how we distribute our monthly grant to this organization and our other amazing grantees this August.
Founded and led by Aimee Allison — a recognized voice in the national efforts to elevate the power of women of color — She the People is amplifying the leadership, insights, power and solutions brought by women of color across the nation. The organization is building a multiracial coalition to ensure women of color win racial justice, gender equality, and an inclusive democracy.
Now more than ever, women of color are critical to strengthening racial and gender justice in our troubled country. Polling and history demonstrate our commitment to a progressive solution-oriented agenda as voters, activists, and leaders. Yet women of color are underserved as a community and significantly undervalued and underrepresented at all levels of government. It’s time for that to change.
Our country needs the full participation of women of color to advance new, justice-centered possibilities. Grounded in the values of love, justice and belonging, She the People is building for this transformative change led by Black, Latina, Indigenous, Muslim, Asian American and Pacific Islander women working across a national network connecting women of color to transform our democracy.
Working in strategic coalition with women of color and their organizations from around the country, She the People surfaces insights from our diverse communities to activate leadership and social change by:
- Charting a path towards an America redefined and inspired by women of color.
- Building a multiracial coalition to ensure women of color leaders, candidates, organizers, creators, and voters to win racial justice, gender equality, and inclusive democracy.
- Centering women of color in political conversations and decisions, with a focus on multiracial, Muslim, trans, undocumented, poor, and women with disabilities.
- Illuminating untold stories of our participation and power in community and national political movements and successes and then winning seats in governance and leadership.
It’s Our Time – Join the Movement
We are redefining and elevating women of color as a core voting bloc and leaders of a new progressive political and cultural era. There are several ways to support our work:
- Cast your vote for She the People to receive the CREDO monthly grant
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram