Posted on October 14, 2021
How to enable Wi-Fi calling on your smartphone
CREDO is on the nation’s best network — there’s no dispute. But we all have those notorious spots in our homes or workplaces where cellular coverage isn’t perfect.
Fortunately, we’ve got you covered. With Wi-Fi calling, you can make and receive calls on a Wi-Fi connection with your existing device and phone number at no extra cost — and it may even improve your call quality at the same time.
In this week’s tip, we’ll walk you through how to enable Wi-Fi calling on your iPhone or Android device.
Before you begin activating your smartphone to use Wi-Fi calling, you must be connected to the CREDO cellular network as well as your home’s Wi-Fi connection and able to connect to the Internet. You will also need your home address, which is required by the FCC and may be used to aid response efforts when you place an emergency 911 call.
If you have a newer smartphone, your device is likely eligible for Wi-Fi calling. Check the settings on your smartphone and search if the Wi-Fi Calling feature is available. For older devices, you may also need to check with the manufacturer to see if HD Voice is available on your device.
How to enable Wi-Fi calling on your iPhone
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > Phone > Wi-Fi Calling
- Turn on Wi-Fi Calling on This iPhone switch.
- From the Enable Wi-Fi calling pop-up, tap Enable.
- You may receive a prompt to enter your Emergency 911 address
- Enter your address information and tap Done.
- From the Terms and Conditions screen, tap the circle to agree to the terms then tap Continue.
- If prompted with the ‘Edit Emergency Address’ pop-up, choose the preferred address then tap Save Changes.
- Ensure the ‘Wi-Fi calling on this iPhone‘ switch is set to on.
- Once active, Wi-Fi is displayed after CREDO in your iPhone’s status bar.
How to enable Wi-Fi calling on your Android device
Note: Instructions to enable Wi-Fi calling may differ depending on your device manufacturer and Android OS version.
- Tap your Phone app, then choose Settings
- Toggle on WiFi Calling
- Alternatively, this menu item may be found on some phones by going to Settings > Networks & Internet (or Connections) > Mobile network > Advanced > Wi-Fi Calling
- Accept the Terms & Conditions, then enter your home address if prompted.
If you run into any trouble, please call us at 800-411-0848, and our extraordinary and friendly customer service team can help.