Posted on September 1, 2020
Thanks to our members, CREDO Votes 2020 is a success
We all know that this election is the most important in our lifetime. That’s why last month we launched “CREDO Votes 2020” — a program to educate voters, highlight the incredible work of our partners, and help fund amazing nonprofit groups who are fighting to protect our right to vote this election.
Thanks to loyal members like you, the first month of our new voting rights program was a huge success!
Here’s a quick rundown of our progress in our first month:
- Thanks to our members who use our products and services every day, more than 68,000 people voted to help us distribute a special $250,000 donation among between Black Voters Matter, Vote.org and Democracy for America
- Thousands took action on our CREDO Votes 2020 website to check their voter registration, sign up to volunteer with voting rights groups, watch educational videos and participate in our voting rights contest to win prizes
- We hosted a great livestream discussion with Cecillia Wang, the ACLU’s Deputy Legal Director and Director of the Center for Democracy, who discussed the history of voter suppression in our country and what the ACLU is doing to fight it.
- CREDO Mobile joined with Business for America and a coalition of other businesses calling on Congress to ensure the safety of our election system during the pandemic.
And this is just the beginning! As the election approaches, we’ll be informing you and our members of ways you can get involved this year while helping fund the progressive organizations working to protect our voting rights.
If you’d like to take action right now, here are a few ways you can help make a difference:
- Check your voter registration, register to vote or request an absentee ballot at Vote.org
- Read and print out our voter checklist to make sure you’re ready to cast your ballot.
- Volunteer with Black Voters Matter or take an online training with Democracy for America
Vote for this month’s grantees at CREDODonations.com