Posted on May 23, 2019
Six groups fighting to protect reproductive freedom from Republican attacks
Republicans are relentless in trying to control women’s bodies and take away our freedom. We have to continue being relentless in defending it.
In states across the country, including in Alabama, Georgia, Missouri, Ohio, Arkansas, Mississippi and North Dakota, Republican lawmakers are pushing through extreme and unconstitutional bills to strip women’s rights, control their bodies and ban abortions. And Republicans aren’t even hiding their ultimate goal: to overturn Roe v. Wade, the landmark Supreme Court decision that affirmed a woman’s constitutional right to an abortion.
As Republicans feel emboldened with a misogynist in the White House and anti-choice activists on the Supreme Court, our allies and partners on the frontlines who are fighting to protect abortion access, especially for women of color, women living in poverty and LGBTQ people in the reddest of states, now need our support more than ever.
We’d like to highlight six groups fighting in the trenches for abortion access and economic and reproductive freedom. CREDO donated $1,000 to each of these groups, and if you’d like to join us, you can click here to make a donation today.
Access Reproductive Care – Southeast
ARC-Southeast aims to help individuals in the South in accessing safe, compassionate and affordable reproductive care through advocacy and abortion funding.
- Learn more about Access Reproductive Care – Southeast: https://www.arc-southeast.org/
- Follow Access Reproductive Care – Southeast on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/arcsoutheastinc/
- Follow Access Reproductive Care – Southeast on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ARC_Southeast
Mississippi Reproductive Freedom Fund
The Mississippi Reproductive Freedom Fund is an organization led by low-income, working-class women of color and femme volunteers who are dedicated to working toward reproductive justice. The Fund offers financial assistance and practical support to people seeking abortion as well as free emergency contraception and community-based comprehensive sex education.
- Learn more about the Mississippi Reproductive Freedom Fund: https://msreprofreedomfund.org/
- Follow SisterSong on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fundMSabortions/
- Follow SisterSong on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fundmsabortions
Planned Parenthood Southeast
Planned Parenthood Southeast provides comprehensive reproductive health care services in settings that preserve and protect the essential privacy and rights of each individual. It also advocates for public policies that guarantee these rights and ensure access to health services and educational programs for all.
- Learn more about Planned Parenthood Southeast: https://www.plannedoarenthood.org/planned-parenthood-southeast
- Follow Planned Parenthood Southeast on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ppseadvocates/
- Follow Planned Parenthood Southeast on Twitter: https://twitter.com/PPSE_Advocates
SisterSong’s mission is to strengthen and amplify the collective voices of indigenous women and women of color to achieve reproductive justice by eradicating reproductive oppression and securing human rights.
- Learn more about SisterSong: https://www.sistersong.net
- Follow SisterSong on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SisterSongWOC/
- Follow SisterSong on Twitter: https://twitter.com/SisterSong_WOC
Urge – Unite for Reproductive & Gender Equity
URGE envisions a world where all people have agency over their own bodies and relationships and the power, knowledge, and tools to exercise that agency. URGE builds this vision by engaging young people in creating and leading the way to sexual and reproductive justice for all by providing training, field mobilization and national leadership for a youth-driven agenda.
- Learn more about URGE: https://www.urge.org
- Follow URGE on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/URGEorg/
- Follow URGE on Twitter: https://twitter.com/urge_org
The Yellowhammer Fund provides funding for anyone seeking care at one of Alabama’s three abortion clinics and will help with other barriers to access (travel, lodging, etc.). The Yellowhammer Fund is also committed to collaborations, advocacy and programming that further the goals of reproductive justice.